Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ASAP

Last week I saw my family physician for some severe right sided abdominal pain as noted in my last post. At the time she also did a pap smear because it's been about a year and a half since I had my last one and figured since she was down there, get it over with. Well, those weren't her words exactly though :) !

Today, the RN called me with the test results. All I heard was "severe dysplasia" and I started bawling. In clinical. I hung up and didn't know what to do so I ran to the bathroom because nausea was quickly building.

I discussed my results with my OB instructor who have me lots of resources on what to do and how. My husband and I are working on getting onto his insurance so I am covered.

I'm honestly not fearing anything right now. I am going to see my OB Tuesday to see the gameplan. Although, the office called 2 times today...they may want me in sooner.

For those of you who don't understand severe dysplasia...it is a severe growth of cancerous/precancerous cells. Possibly caused by HPV and if left untreated can cause cervical cancer.

I'll keep updating as I can.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com