Monday, July 21, 2008

Back on my own 2 feet

Per request of a best friend of mine, I decided to update. Here's to you, Lola!

I don't really know what to write when it comes to blogging. I write very well, when I feel like it, but I guess that's because when the time's right, the words just fall out of my fingertips.

So, to the topic "Back on my own 2 feet".

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. I had started a program called "Couch to 5K". I was doing well. Then my knee acted up. So I stopped doing it for a while. Today my knee is much better and within the week I'll be back at running again. I just want it to completely heal because knee injuries yo, are no joke. I'm only working 16 hours right now at work. I am 3 weeks into the new semester with Chamberlain, and about 6 months from now, you'll see Misty, RN popping up everywhere, pending passing my NCLEX. So there's my personal life.

In the relationship side, Bill and I are healing. And I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that means. Every day is a new day that puts the past further and further behind us, and I'm thankful for that. Healing is hard work. At our particular place, we are in the scab of the wound. It keeps getting picked off and scars are starting to form, but with plenty of reminders and a great big bandaid, that scab has started being left alone. I love my husband, I really do. And what happened between he and I, well, I am sorry for that too, but what did it teach us? It taught us that we aren't "over". That we are meant to be married. That love conquers all. So now we do a weekly date night. Last week we went to youngs and I have funny pics from that. The week before we also did something fun. I think this week we are going out again. To a tattoo shop. Yep, another tat for me. And him. Something "symbolic" that puts the whole cherade behind us. I'm getting a butterfly on my back...at the shoulder line. I think he's getting our little girl's name somewhere on him. I also want to get my nose pierced, but I may not do it for fear of being ridiculed. Individuality is important to me, and if it means you have 90 piercings and are full of tattoo's...at least that's you. :).

So there's the update. Boring! I'll write more.

1 comments:

LOLiTA said...

Gracias! Great blog! I'm glad your knee is better. Good idea to let it rest.

Glad to hear you and Bill are doing well. I'm so happy for you.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com