Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oh ouch.

I don't know what to do! I started my running program just fine, then one morning decided to go biking. That night, I went for a short session of the walk/run I'd been doing. And I could not do it.

I suffered a knee injury 2 years ago at work. I was squatting to a stand when my knee popped and gave out on me. I was diagnosed with patello-femoral chondromalacia...or softening of the cartilage. No fun at all...even now 2 years later when I am despirately trying to get back into shape.

Today during my run/walk, I wrapped my knee as suggested by a good friend of mine. I thought, more stabilization would be so much better, so I'll be able to finish this today. Nope. I did 5 minutes of a brisk walk, 60 seconds of a slow jog, 90 seconds of walking, then 45 seconds jogging, 2 minutes walking and then finally 30 seconds jogging. I couldn't finish what I had started and I was devastated. I don't know what to do.

So writing this blog, I sit here when ice, rather a bag of peas, on my bad knee. And it is swollen to all hell.

Injuries suck. Especially when they don't heal properly.

1 comments:

LOLiTA said...

OUCH. I hope you feel better soon!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com