Monday, July 7, 2008

Today, Day 3

Well, my other blogs on myspace about running are, well, history. I had a few good ones on there that I never thought to save until AFTER I cancelled the account and couldn't log back in. So I'll start with running day 3 here!

To reiterate what I am up to, I started "The Couch to 5K Running Plan". It's a nice running plant that starts you off very slow, because as the article states clearly this is COUCH to 5K. Not walking to 5K, but COUCH. Shoot for me it's almost BED to 5K. I went from not doing any form of exercise to a running program. And before anyone yells at me, yes, running is bad for the knees. It's bad for a lot...but it will help build bone too. So there.

Today, day 3 started off like days 1 and 2. I take a day off in between each day for rest and relaxation because it's not good to run every single day. The first 3 days I am to warm up with a brisk 5 minute walk (after a good 5 minute stretch) then alternate 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking. Days 1 and 2 went great! No pain in the knees, no shortness of breath. On day 2 I went biking in the morning and felt some pain in my knees. When I ran on day 2 I felt ok. Day 3.....well, lets say I was hunting for ice at 10pm. I felt awesome afterward except for the pain in my knees. I can't stand feeling like I'm old...I need to run, I need to do this for myself and I need to take it slowly, but I also need for my knee to knock it off so I can exercise without pain.

So Rest, Ice Compression, Elevation found me at 11pm. Along with some lovely ibuprofen that has me tired.

I'll have to get some pictures up here of before and during training. It'll be nice to see the changes that occur!

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com