Sunday, October 26, 2008

And I am ADDICTED

A few months ago, some girlfriends of mine and I all met at The Greene. We had lunch at Adobe Gila's and walked around the place for a while. The Greene is an all outdoor shopping mall, featuring many different specialty shops from Cheryl and Co, Moochie and Co for the pets and Fossil. They also have my latest (and unfortunately expensive) addiction: SEPHORA.

Oh Sephora. I say that orgasmically.

Sephora is a store that specializes in beauty products. Before I had my daughter, I was quite the beauty buff. I had many mascaras, foundations, powders, eyeshadows...I was the queen of all things Clinique. Of course back before children I had a much more stable job and a better income than I have today...which is none! But I took out money when my marriage situation wasn't good and thought I'd need it to get an apartment or whatnot...thank goodness my marriage worked out. But I was left with some extra change. So, it was put to use and put away and I live off of a set amount each month. Unfortunately with an addiction so grand as Sephora, my monthly "allowance" isn't good enough!

My trip to Sephora that frosty October night was mainly for a fragrance I was buying for myself because I had passed OB nursing, Humanities and did so during a VERY Difficult time in my life. I had just been diagnosed with Cervical cancer, lost my job, and things were just overall difficult for me and my family. I hate hard times because, well, we haven't experienced anything like this before and weren't exactly prepared for this. Frivolous spending isn't exactly in our vocabulary right now. But I did it...I went and bought "Daisy" by Mark Jacobs. Oh and it smells great.

I also bought Smashbox photofinish primer and Cargo Foundation, a pair of tweezers and an eyelash curler.

All for the low low price of...well let's not discuss that! Ha!

So if you are ever in the area of a lovely Sephora...stop in. Their beauty experts will show you the way to looking (and feeling) fabulous. And smelling that way, too :).

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com