Thursday, October 9, 2008

SALE!!!

I just got an email from Bath and Body Works and it triggered a thought in my mind.

Did you ever notice, there is a SALE for just about every reason possible? "baby days sale" "columbus day sale" "because we just aren't selling enough sale". It makes me sit back and think of the days I worked in retail. I remember looking at prices marked on clothing and wondering...if it's marked 32.99...does it ever sell for 32.99?

The answer to that has got to be no. I mean, every time we turn around, there is a sale going on. Everything in a store, with many brands excluded, is always on sale...whether it's 10% off, buy one get one free, or buy 2 get the third half off. And even if the item is full price, sign up for that department store's credit card, add it to the stack of 50 you have at home and BAM...you save an additional 20%!!!

So as I sit here and ramble on about sales, I also wonder in the back of my mind...one of these days there's going to be a "never pay full price for anything" sale!

2 comments:

LOLiTA said...

You better notify me ASAP if there's a "everything is free" sale!

Brand New Nurse said...

You got it sister!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com