Monday, October 6, 2008

"Misty, this is Leslie from Dr. W's office, please give me a call at......."

Today was the day. And I sort of knew that, but I half ass expected to hear it tomorrow, not Monday.

I was on the phone arguing with Sprint over my f'n cell phone bill when I saw the first 3 numbers of the number beeping in. I ignored it because my ignorant ass didn't recognize the number at first. Then they called my cell phone. Damnit...doctors only call the cell when it's important.

Oh shit. It's Dr. W. I guess it's important.

So, I called back. Hell I'd just spent the last 2 hours of my life fighting over a $630 bill with Sprint...I'll spend another 5 hearing decent news. I thought Les was just calling to tell me it was HPV and not what she really said.

"Mis, the biopsy came back and showed Carcinoma In Situ.(voice trailed off here). Dr. W. says if you want another baby you need to do it now." Les explained to me as calmly as she normally does. She's good like that.

"Cancer?" I asked. "In Situ isn't bad though"

"Well, not exactly cancer," she continued. I didn't hear the rest of it because I know CIS is cancer. Just not invasive cancer. "He wants you in for a consultation this week. Can you make it tomorrow?" she asked

"No, tomorrow's no good. Let's do Wednesday" I insisted. By now I'm trembling, knowing what this consult will lead to.

"Wednesday early or late?" she inquired. "Late, say, closing time" I answered.

"6:30? Last one of the day, he can relax and explain everything without a rush". She stated.

"Yeah, that will work. Logan's going to her aunt for the night, that'll be awesome".

"yeah, don't bring Logan. This is too important and you need your full attention on what he's going to tell you" Leslie informed me.

So I called my husband. I was extremely calm (too calm for his liking) when I explained the result he was shocked. We both didn't expect the cancer diagnosis. But it could have been worse...it could have NOT been detected 3 weeks ago. I could have not gone to the doctor for the pain. But something told me to go...I think that voice was God telling me I needed to get in and get in now.

I'll admit, I'm scared. I know I'm in good hands, but I am scared. What does CIS mean for the future? I mean, yes, it's ecapsulated...woo hoo. Is it gone? I don't know. Did the cells travel up the cervix? I don't know that either.

What I do know is right now I need all the love and support in the world because bad luck seems to be following me around.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com